Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Really?!?!

So....no teaching for me today! My boss called yesterday to tell me that her daughter is sick and she needs to stay at home with her. That means that I will now be teaching a different chapter and will only have one day to prepare for it. I was kind of bummed about it last night when I found out. I was so prepared for the chapter I was suppose to be teaching today. Now though I think it will be kind of fun to try and get all prepared in one day, at least it will keep me busy. I will see how "fun" it is tomorrow after I've actually taught it.
In other news! We are not getting Olives ears cropped, I know for some of you that is a relief. We were really really considering it because we want her to look like the traditional min pin. However, I spoke to the breeder and she said that it was a horrible experience for her, and she would never crop another dogs ears. I've actually heard that a few other times, and now I'm convinced that it is not worth it. She said that it took 6 to 8 wks to heal and every time she had to change the bandages it tore off fur, scabs etc. It just sounds really painful for the poor puppy. So we will just have a floppy eared min pin...woohoo.
OH! and I also have my new phone!! It's a verizon blitz and it's awesome, I love it.

6 comments:

  1. yay for olive! her ears are floppy now, but they might perk up some! hazel's sure did, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so glad too!! poor puppies... it does sound painful, i would never want my ears to be cropped! ):

    and hooray for new phones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think she's adorable just the way she is. My dog's take is cropped but I wouldn't have done it if the breeder hadn't already when I got her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. opps...her TAIL...not take. Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww, a floppy earred dog will be cute! She'll just be different, that's all! And who says that's a bad thing? If only all dogs were as lucky as Olive!

    And good luck on your class! You're speedy, so I'm sure you can pull it off! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. floppy ears are adorable. so i think you made a good choice. :D

    ReplyDelete