Monday, October 6, 2008

Just do it...

Soooooo this weekend was so amazing! I went to a Joyce Meyer Convention. The theme was relentless and it was for women only.
We left at 6:30 a.m on Friday, that's right we left before the sun came up! There were two vans full of women that headed towards St. Louis. We made a couple of pit stops along the way and then we finally made it to the Edward Jones Dome around 9ish.
The music was phenomenal. Darlene Zschech from Hillsong led the worship all week. I didn't know any of the songs, but it was still an amazing opportunity to worship God along with 18,000 other women! There were two other musical guests that played a couple of songs here and there. I recommend checking them out. One was Yolanda Adams, she was amazing. The other was Phil Wickham.
Most of our message was recieved by Joyce Meyer. I had heard some of her messages before, either through her devotional books or other people. She is truely amazing, I would listen to her everyday if I could. Her message is very clear and to the point. Pretty much a running theme throuhout her messages are you just need to do it. You can go to seminar after seminar but if you do not put what you learn into motion nothing will change in your life! That seems so simple, but it is an important lesson. I myself have been guilty of this. I listen to sermon after sermon, and amen to this amen to that. In reality if i'm not willing to change my behavior nothing is going to change in my life. How profound right? I think we all need a message like that.
She also talked about letting go of your baggage ( greed, anger, resentment, fear), not being so selfish and trusting God. I also have a cd set called A Marriage That Works, by Joyce. I started listening to it this morning and it's amazing as well. A woman from my church bought that for me (so nice right?)
We were at the conference from 10 am to about 12:30pm and then we went to eat lunch at TGI Fridays. It was an amazing meal. We had just enough time to check in our bags at the hotel and it was time to get back. With traffic and the amount of time it took to get to and from the convention and in and out of the parking garage, there was not a lot of time to do shopping or anything else. But that is okay, that' s not what we were there for! Anyways we had a another session and then we didn't get to bed until midnight. The next day we woke up at about 7 am and we did our thing some more that day. We got to listen to Lisa Bevere, and she was AMAZING as well.
We got back kind of late and I stayed up talking until about 11 or 11:30. Then yesterday I was so exhausted that I took a four hour nap!! Unbelievable that I could sleep that long in the middle of the day, but I needed it.
So if I could just sum up what I learned and what I want to share with other people from this weekend it would have to be this: Even though we are just one person, we can do so much. There is no need for an attitude that says "what can I do, I'm just little ole' me yadda yadda yadda" Everyone can make a difference, and it starts with YOU.

3 comments:

  1. thanks for posting this Tiff, i wish i could have gone with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great conference! You know, if you want, you CAN listen to Joyce Meyer every day...she has a podcast on iTune that gives you a new 15 minute segment of a sermon every day! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! The conference sounds great. I saw Joyce at a conference here in Dallas a few months back. I've never been to her Women's Conference though. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete