Wednesday, February 3, 2010

How are you doing?

I want to stay on top of my goals this year. It was never my intention to make a New Year's resolution and then never stick to it. So far I think I'm doing really well! My goals were this:

1) To work out more. I want to be healthy and I don't want working out to be a chore. I want to enjoy it. It took me a little while to get this started and to get myself into a routine. I have an exercise ball and some 20 minute workouts I started with. Those are not very challenging though. I try to only do those as a last minute resort when I'm feeling lazy. I also have a Jillian Micheal's Shape Up Front workout DVD. It's about 30 minutes long and still kicks my butt. It's cardio and strength training combined and I feel like throwing up every time I'm finished. So my new workout goal is to get through that DVD without feeling sick!

2) I want to read the Bible everyday and get through it in a year. So far I'm doing really well with that. I'm so proud of myself for sticking with it. It's only 20 minutes out of the day and that is nothing really. I prayed about this one for a long time. I asked God for motivation and desire to read the Bible and I finally have that!

3) Not to focus on me. I knew this one would not happen over night. With any self changing desire, it's a process. I'm still working on it though.

Did anyone else set goals for themselves? How are they going?

5 comments:

  1. I've been working out less and less lately...I was doing really well for about a month, and then it tapered off. I still walk a half mile to a mile every morning, but that's not the same...but on the other hand, at least it's something! The great thing about where I live are there are TONS of hills. It seems like everywhere you go, it's uphill...both ways...hahaha However, I keep losing and gaining the same 3lbs. It's frustrating. LOL

    However, I've been sticking to my goal of getting up early! I'm usually awake by 6:30 now...and I'm able to get so much more done in a day without feeling frazzled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have kept no goals! i don't know if i technically set them. i wanted to wake up earlier and exercise and i've failed miserably. i can't wait for spring so i can walk in the evenings. soon i will have to get up early so i can feed caroline fruits for breakfast, but she's a bed head too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Nicky! I can't believe you've been waking up early. All I can say Maggie is if Nicky can do it so can you LOL. It may take until you're 30 to get it down though....

    ReplyDelete
  4. my January has pretty much been shot to smithereens, but I am hoping that I can work on making February better! I'm so glad that your bible reading has been going well!

    ReplyDelete