Tuesday, November 4, 2008

First Day of School

I teach for the first time today at a little private school. I will have 6 kids in all, and I think it will be a blast!
This weekend was really fun. On Halloween we passed out candy. I saw some really cute costumes. One little girl was the tooth fairy, she had a tooth hat on. One little boy was a whoopee cushion, that was pretty funny. Saturday was a pretty busy day. I was preparing for Jessyca's baby shower, my uncle came to town for a short visit, I found out my dad lost his job after 15 1/2 years and I still had cupcakes to make!! All in all it was a pretty good day though. For a moment I thought I might freak out, but I took a second to pray and hug my husband. It is scary that my dad lost his job, it wasn't just him though, they are closing the whole factory. However, by the grace of God, he has three job prospects. I am praying that he gets a job quickly. Along with being short of money, his insurance will end the same day his job does. They told everyone last friday about the factory closing, and the last day is this Thursday.
Sunday was a better day. We went to church, psh of course! After church I threw a baby shower for my sister Jessyca. It went really well, there were a lot of people and even more gifts. Then after the baby shower clean up we went to Mattoon to see Bradley Hathaway play. He's a very talented poet and a someone I'm proud to say is my friend. go check him out! http://www.myspace.com/bradleyhathaway

2 comments:

  1. That stinks about your dad tiff...I'll definitly be praying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'll be praying for your dad (:

    and i'm excited about your first day of school!! (:

    ReplyDelete