Monday, November 17, 2008

Pumpkin time

I guess pumpkin season traditionally starts around Halloween, but you just start cutting into them then, not really eating them. I made a pumpkin goodie this weekend, white chocolate pumpkin truffle. I have to say though, I love to eat truffles and I love to bake (or in this case make) things. However, I hate to form the truffle goodness into true truffle form. Usually they are made in to cute little balls, and in this case would be covered in white chocolate. I hate doing that, so I made them into bars. It was delicious, but you just had to spoon some out into a bowl, not recommended for a Christmas party that way though.
It finally hit me on Friday that I am getting pumped for Christmas! I want to decorate, but then again I know I will get sick of the decorations before Christmas even comes. I did however buy a new tree for this year. I got a great deal on it! I bought a white Christmas tree this year. I have decided that I'm not a huge fan of the traditional red and green decorations, and a white tree will just fit in with my style.
In other news! Work is going really great. I have gotten a few new schools that I think will be scheduling with me soon. That will still only be 3 schools out of the 40 or so that I have in my area....pray that more are receptive to abstinence education.

3 comments:

  1. i love pumpkins and Christmas... you'll have to make sure to document all of your decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh a white christmas tree! can't wait to see it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking about Christmas decorations this morning!! LOL I had a sudden urge to go down and get my tree and put away my pumpkin stuff, but...I knew it was crazy. LOL Then I came on here and saw that you & I seem to be suffering from the same Crazy Christmas Disease this year! LOL

    As for the white tree, that's really excited! I also like non-traditional stuff, but can't afford to buy all new decorations. My favorite in the stores right now is a toss-up between the black & white and the blue/purple/peacock theme!

    ReplyDelete