Friday, January 22, 2010

Woohoo!

So not too long ago I blogged about how Kolby has all these tests to take and how we just can't wait to be finished. We saw some light at the end of the tunnel and got amazing news! I will now spend some time bragging about him.
He got TWO test results back (finally!) and PASSED both of them! These tests are extremely difficult and only have a 40% pass rate...that's right 40%. He is so smart, I knew he could do it! I really was very confident that he would pass these tests on the first try, but was also praying big time. Those are not cheap, and are very time consuming. He totally deserved that news and I think that was just what he needed to finish up these last few weeks of studying.
As a side not I donated blood yesterday. I knew it had been a while, but they informed me it had been 3 years since I last gave blood. Geez that is way too long. I had a bad experience, not that it's an excuse, but it did turn me off to donating for a while. Last night was just fine even though it took me an hour and a half and the nurse squirted blood all over my sweater, and they had to turn the needle three times and then hold it against my vein....haha. It is so needed right now since all of the devastation in Haiti has happened. I want to be more on the ball though, no more waiting 3 years to donate blood! If you've never given blood I recommed that you try it at least once, it is not bad at all.

6 comments:

  1. Oh yeah...not bad at all...like a slasher flick! ;o) LOL

    Congrats Kolby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Kolby :)

    Every time I have tried to give blood, there is always a reason I can't, once I was apparently too young? the other time I had gotten a tattoo with the year? and last time I was pregnant...haha I need to try again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. he's such a smart brother.

    i haven't given blood in so long too! i'm planning on donating next week, i believe the 27th. i wanted to but couldn't because i was prego. but now i'm opening up my veins for the needy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol Maggie...

    i need to donate blood as well, it's been over 3 years for me :/

    ReplyDelete