Friday, January 8, 2010

I'm learning!

I seriously started to freak out my last few weeks in college. I never thought that would happen either. I was pumped to be finished with school. I had always worked a full time job on top of having a full load of classes. I couldn't wait to start a "real" life. Then I had this fear that my brain would turn to mush. I realized that my whole life I had been learning, learning, learning. Now it was just going to stop abruptly...what would happen to my brain?!?! Well a couple of years later and I'm OK! Woohoo. My brain did not turn to mush...yet.
I have this urge recently to try new things. My latest project...

That's right. I'm learning to play bass. It started out because we had a need in our church. Now I'm actually having fun with it!

6 comments:

  1. Oh that's fantastic! I tried to get Jade to teach me the guitar, but it didn't go so well & I have abnormally short little fingers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry. I feel like once you are a learner you always will be. Just now instead of mandatory classes you can teach yourself musical instruments or take an in depth study about Jesus.

    That's great about starting to play the bass. I hope it opens all sorts of doors to learn music. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome!
    Good for you for trying something new. Good luck!
    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! You'll be one of the super B.A. chicks that people are scared of because they are so awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!!! I've been wanting to pick up guitar again. You have inspired me, and maybe I will. I just need a guitar to practice on lol.

    It would be awesome if when I visit you are up on stage playing ;) lol! Or at least show me your new stuff

    ReplyDelete
  6. well Amanda if you don't plan on visiting for a few months then that might just happen! haha but I hope you visit sooner than that :)

    ReplyDelete