Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Testing Testing...

So my dear sweet husband is STILL studying and taking tests. He is working on becoming a CPA. In order to do that you need 150 hours of college credits (he did that in 4 years!). You also have to take a CPA exam. This is not just one test though. There are four different tests. The first one was 2 1/2 hours longs, the second was 3 hours, the third is 4 hours and the last one is 4 1/2 hours long. He studies about 3 hours every night and has been doing this since July or August. I feel bad for him. When you graduate college it's such a great feeling of accomplishment and freedom! For those of you who worked at all in college understand what a task that was to go to class all day, work all night, try to fit in studying and then some time for yourself not to mention time for the person you're dating. He only got to experience that freedom for about a month.
I'm so proud of him for being on top of things. There is no way I would be disciplined enough to study that often. I usually try to jam-pack my schedule so I'm not bothering him. I can't stand it when we are both together and we can't talk! So I try to make sure that I either am out of the house or have something else to work on. His last test is February 27th. Then we will have to wait 4-6 weeks for the test results. If we find out he passed them all then it's party time! So please say a quick prayer for him if he crosses your mind at some point!

3 comments:

  1. aww Kolby. I can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayer is said! I completely feel your pain. Jade graduated SIUC and Lake Land - then found out you can graduate with the degree to survey, but you may be short some classes to get your license. So after SIUC he had to take I think 3 classes. Then he had to take his Surveying in Training test in MO b/c you could take it sooner than IL - then he had to work 4 years as an SIT. He has now passed his national professional exam, but has to wait until April to take his IL portion! I can't wait to be done with it - him too! Lots of studying goes on with professional exams!! But he'll be where he wants to be when he's done! Until then we'll be praying for him :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw and we've been praying for you guys as well. it's so exciting when you get this close to being finished!

    ReplyDelete