Tuesday, January 27, 2009

oh wow

My last part of school was a little more interesting....but in a bad way!! My first two classes of the afternoon wasn't that bad. My last class of the day was horrible. They were so rude and out of control, one kid actually flipped me off. I finally just had to tell them all to stop talking and made them open their books. The way we teach is the directive approach and a lot of open conversation. This class couldn't handle that. I guess it's good that I saw this on the first day, now I know how the rest of the classes with them will be run.
I tried not to let them ruin my day though, all in all it was a great experience and I can't wait to go back.

3 comments:

  1. you are certainly keeping positive :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww I'm sorry they gave you a hard time but im sure you will be able to know how to handle them from here on out. I wish people wouldn't be so rude.

    PS I hope you had a very happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete