Wednesday, January 7, 2009

After that...

ridiculous blog I posted I feel inclined to post a happier one. Sometimes, as Denise says, it is nice to angst out loud...or via blog. I promise not to make a habit of that though. The next time it happens just understand that it was under extreme circumstances...oh and that blog was much longer when I wrote it out originally, I saved you.
Anyways, bible study is starting back up again this week. I can't even remember the last time that we had it. Because of the holidays and hectic schedules we decided to wait until after the holidays to continue. This one is almost finished, it's all about waiting, while it's a fabulous bible study I'm ready for something different.
I feel a bit obligated to blog about the new year...it did just happen and all. I agree with most when I say I don't make resolutions because it seems pointless. I do think that is it a good idea to reflect on 2008 though and make some goals/changes for 2009.
1) only speak words of encouragement....call me awful but I find this difficult to do sometimes.
2) be fearless....in the since of being more open with people, excepting change...I heard from Joyce Meyer today that the devil tries to really get us to believe in "never". Like "I can never change", "this is never going to happen" etc. etc. But that's not true, we all have the ability to change. I want to move from having fear to having more faith.
3) not to be easily offended. I have a serious problem with this, and only recently did I realize that this is really something that God wants us to stay away from. He says to forgive quickly, and I do that part of it, technically....It is just so hard to not hold onto those hurt feelings. BUT it's not impossible to change, and I am determined to do it.
Those are the big ones, the most important...

3 comments:

  1. speaking words of encouragement, fearlessness, and not taking offense, could you have chosen any more difficult resolutions? haha j.k... i agree with you completely... i think these are areas that most Christians should work on... including myself (: hooray for 2009

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to move from having fear to having more faith too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to move from fear to faith too. God needs leaders. We have to learn to "do it afraid"!

    ReplyDelete