Friday, January 16, 2009

Will

My good friends are in the process of adopting. Over this time we have grown much closer and this week they were suppose to find out if they were able to adopt a little boy. This is the third time they have been this close to adopting. It hasn't worked out for them yet and this time I have grown a lot closer to them and really felt like I was more involved with the process. All week we have been waiting to hear whether or not the mom had made her decision. It always comes down to a few couples that they have to decide from.
My friend told me this morning that once again they were not chosen to take the baby. This seems like such terrible news. I feel so bad for them. They want a baby so badly, I want them to have a baby, they deserve a baby, they've been waiting so long to get one...and in all of those complaints I have to remember that God is in control. I know that God has a perfect plan and the perfect baby that He has designed to fit perfectly into their family. It is just so difficult to see them wait so long and have several chances, but none of them work out.
My friend is truly amazing though. They both are amazing people. They have such strength and hold onto their faith so strongly through all of this. They still go into every adoption opportunity 100%. They get completely excited, prepared, and just wholeheartedly get ready to have a baby any day. You would think after a couple of disappointments that they would become numb and just go through the process with little hope. They aren't that way though! Really, it is amazing to see how God is working through this situation, and it is helping me to grow as a Christian as well.
Becoming more a part of this process is painful in a way but more rewarding than I ever could have imagined. I just want to thank my friend so much for allowing me to go through this with her.

2 comments:

  1. oh tiff. thanks so much for the sweet things you said in this blog. you are a great friend and i'm so glad we've become soooo close! i don't know what i'd do w/o you! thanks so much for going through this process with us :) we love you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete