Monday, January 26, 2009

School

I had my first day of school today! I am teaching at one of my biggest High Schools I have in my area today. I have six classes, three back to back in the morning, break and then three more back to back. It is so fun. I have 140 sophomores that I'm interacting with and they are so fun. I was nervous about today and wasn't really sure what to expect. My first class was a dream they were so talkative and paid attention it was fabulous. My second class will be a challenge...but they all can't be easy right? My third class is funny, they are just a goofy bunch of kids and I really enjoyed that class.
Who knew it would be so exhausting though. My legs are sore, my feet really hurt and my throat is raspy now. HAHA I never thought it was that much work to teach but it really is. I'm so excited to go back and teach my next three classes...I'll be sure to let you know how they go.
In other news Denise is here!!! I've sucked her into my world for a while and it's cold and snowing and exactly what she expected :). We had so much fun this weekend. Saturday was our day to shop in the St. Louis area. Then on Sunday we had a jam packed day of the Arch, City Museum and Science Center. They were all so much fun. I can't wait to go to the City Museum again because it was such a blast. We didn't get back too late and had time to relax so all in all it was such a fabulous weekend.

3 comments:

  1. hooray! i'm glad it went well! and i'm glad to be here!!!!!!!!!! lol... it went well at EIU btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're having fun! I can't wait to get the low-down on the afternoon sessions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot say it enough: I WISH I WAS THERE!!

    ReplyDelete