Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Wonderful Times

Christmas was so fabulous. My job gave me the option of taking some extra days off. While they were unpaid it was totally worth it. I love to spend time with friends and family as much as possible. Kolby is not in school right now so we have ample free time to do whatever we like.
Christmas eve was spent with my dad and stepmom. I made shrimp scampi, twice baked potatoes, cheddar biscuits and green beans. The shrimp was great, the rest of the meal did not turn out as well as I had hoped but it was still pretty yummy. It was fun to visit and eat and open gifts. Then on Christmas day Kolby and I opened presents just the two of us...and Olive of course. That was so fun, our first Christmas as a married couple! After that we went to Kolby's parents house and had a huge yummy breakfast and opened gifts with the parents and kylie and maggie. Maggie shared that she was prego...so *yay* I'm an aunt again. That night we went to my mothers house and had a great dinner and opened gifts with them. So the day went, open presents, eat, open presents, eat....LOL.
Friday Kolby and I went shopping with our friend Matt. They can shop like no other, I was ready to go and they were not...embarassing for a girl I guess. I loved having all of this time off of work, but honestly I started getting a little bored and was ready to go back. I enjoy my job. Also, I refuse to take Christmas decorations down so soon, I love them so much.

5 comments:

  1. my decor is down. its sad. my house is very plain now. the shop is still decorated and i'm very much dreading pulling it down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm taking my stuff down this afternoon. *cry* I love my gold tree so much. I will miss it so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is sad when the decorations have to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that doesn't surprise me that you would be done shopping before the guys... with those two, i woulnd't be embarrassed about that.

    christmas decorations coming down is very sad.....

    ReplyDelete