Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Hey Y'all

Yes, I've been in Kentucky for tooooo long. LOL. We left on Friday around 5pm and arrived in Kentucky around 2m. I slept almost the whole time and it was fabulous, I love to sleep. We drive to Kentucky every year to see Kolby's grandparents, great grandparents, aunts, unlces and cousins. I just want to point out that they have the best names ever, His grandma's name is Easter (that's when she was born...duh), his great grandpa's name is Hobe, and then we call is unlce Timbo...it's a KY thing I guess lol. Anyways, we all exchanged gifts on saturday. I recieved a lovely bath and body works set, one for spring and one for winter. I love this time of year, I get things like that and I litterally never have to buy body wash.
We also went to visit his great grandparents in the nursing home. They are truly amazing people. They have been together for around 70 some odd years. Hobe is not in great shape, he is very sickly and very quite. His great grandmother Kat is in great shape though. The only reason she is in the nursing home is to be with him. I can't tell you how many times I almost cried in the short amount of time we were there. I would just watch her stare at her husband with sad eyes, you could tell that she loved him so much and was scared to be without him. I loved to listen to her stories and just being around her made everything else in life seem so trivial. It made me really feel like I need to just enjoy life and stop worrying so much.
She told a story of how she raised her voice to her mother in law. She said this was the only time she had ever done it in her whole life. She said that it had to be done but it made her so sad that she cried over it because she never wanted to raise her voice to her mother in law. I just wonder how many people have that same sense of respect? Not just for their mother in laws but just a general respect for people who are older than you.
Anyways, I don't know how two short hours can make you think so much about life, but it totally did!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time. I wish we lived within driving distance!!

    ReplyDelete