Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Youth Group Update

Okay so in my last post I explained how God is totally moving and how we pledged to raise over $7,000 in only 4 weeks. I just wanted to take a second to give an update. Often times when teens come back from a church camp or convention the passion or fire tends to dwindle down. It's happened to all of us I'm sure.
I think because of this goal we have set it has really helped our group to keep up the passion and fire for God. They have been working their tails off to raise this money. We are doing something almost every night either in preparation for or actually raising money. They have been raking leaves, baby sitting, sorting through rummage sale donations, collecting donations for the silent auction, passing out fliers. It's been so great to see them grow as Christians.
I would like to remind you to continue to pray though. They are still in high school, there is still some drama. I just pray everyday that there is no dissension among the group and that they just focus on Jesus.

2 comments:

  1. very very cool :)
    it's great when you can be proud of students that you are working with.

    thanks for voting for ekkardia btw! I appreciate it, and I know they do too :)

    ReplyDelete