Tuesday, November 3, 2009

God is moving

God is totally moving in our youth group! We took a group of kids to Momentum Youth Convention and they are so on fire for God. One girl immediately deleted all of her "bad" ringtones from her phone. Then when she came back home she deleted all but 7 songs on her ipod and gave it to Kolby to add new christian songs to it. They are all encouraging each other at school and really showing their love of Jesus. I've seen facebook comments on their walls from other kids at school saying how cool it is that they are Jesus freaks, and showing it!
I'm so so so proud of them. I know how hard it can be to get back in the daily grind and just kind of forget about what happened at church camp, or convention. It's so easy to worship and be on fire for God when you are surrounded by people your age doing the same thing. I know there are still a couple of kids that are struggling and the transition to change complelty and let go of the wordly things is more of a struggle then they anticipated especially when it's coming easier for some. I know they can do it though! If you remember please keep them in your prayers this week.
We are meeting early on Wednesday because the youth are overflowing with ideas. I want our youth group to grow, and if not in numbers then I want them to grow in their love for Jesus. I can't wait to see what's in store for our youth group!

2 comments:

  1. How exciting! I have seen God move in kids and adults of every age but there is something so exciting and energetic about youth...I'll be praying that all of IL is consumed with God's amazing power from this group out!

    ReplyDelete