Monday, November 16, 2009

Hot cocoa

I'm currently drinking hot cocoa hoping that will be a substitute to caffeine. I need some sort of sugar in my body to make sure I'm going to make it through the day! I took the youth group 2 1/2 hours away to see the bands that played at convention. I think it was a good time to reminisce about convention and remember those feelings and commitments we made.
Honestly I did not want to go. I have been so busy lately that I really wanted a day to rest, not to mention this week is going to be insane trying to get everything organized for the rummage sale/silent auction. I went anyways and I just decided that instead of thinking about how much I'd rather be at home, with my husband and in bed at a decent hour I was determined to have a great time. With a little prayer and determination it happened!
We saw Brandon Heath, Francesca Battistelli and Leeland. I totally love Fran, she has been a favorite of mine for a while now. I also like Brandon Heath, I had only heard his stuff on the radio, but his lyrics are amazing. The first time I heard of Leeland was at convention. I love them! They are so catchy and fun. I really want to buy their cd! check them out if you get a chance
http://www.myspace.com/leelandmusic

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good time! I discovered around the age of 24 or 25 that I was just not cut out for concerts anymore...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol well I saw a couple that was probably in their 70's that was there, and it appeared that they were really enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete