Thursday, November 19, 2009

These will be the death of me...

Camel crickets, cave crickets....whatever you want to call them. I hate these things more than anything. They are so so so scary. My first encounter with one of them was in the shower...there it was just sitting on the side of the tub, ready to attack. If you've never seen one you have to understand that they are actually crickets, which no harm done right? Crickets aren't scary. These crickets however LOOK like SPIDERS....BIG spiders BUT they JUMP like crickets. Not only do they jump which is bad enough but they jump AT you. So just imagine a fairly large looking spider jumping towards you.
So after that terrible morning in the shower I have had to move my shower curtain every single morning to look and make sure one is not in there. This has been months now and I still do this every morning. My fear does not stop there though. Kolby ran to the store one morning to get some milk for breakfast and I was going to take that time to once again take a shower. This time Olive found it...thankfully she killed it for me, but I was still terrified. She found it behind the toilet and drug it out. I leaped onto the bathroom counter wishing that Kolby was home so he could dispose of the body...Since he was away I covered it with a towel and decided to get in the shower. So now before I walk into my bathroom I have to stand outside of the door, flip the light on, look everywhere on the floor, again look in the shower and NOW before I can go to the bathroom I lift up the toilet seat to see if one crawled into it...
I know this is making me sound patetic, maybe even crazy but these things FREAK me out! I have been gone a lot recently because of the fundraising I'm helping with. Kolby told that he's seen a couple more, this time one was in the hall way and one was in the living room....THE LIVING ROOM! So I have decided I have to get rid of them...I just have to. So this morning I go online to try and find natural ways to kill them. I come across this story: http://www.asktheexterminator.com/Crickets/Cave_Crickets.shtml. Which the picture alone is enough to make my heart start pounding. The story was fine, I'm glad to know someone else has my same strong dislike and fear of these creatures. I should have stopped at the end of the story...but NO crazy me wanted to look at the comments. To the first person who decided to comment, you call yourself Shaun. I would just like you to know that I am now afraid to not only shower, but also sleep at night. Thank you...

1 comment:

  1. I completely understand your fears. We had them in our laundry room in a house we lived in a couple years ago. They are the creepiest insects I've run across. My husband and I still talk about them to this day. I know this post is old but I just found your blog and those crickets needed acknowledged. :)

    ReplyDelete