Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Yoga is not for me

I decided last night that I needed to incorporate some sort of exercise to my routine for a few reasons. First I don't want to turn into a big blob, I want to have a fairly easy return to my pre-pregnancy size after baby is born and I want to prepare my body for delivery as much as possible. The weather is fickle and annoying going from 75 to 40 in a matter of one day so I can't trust that I'll be able to walk every night. Aside from that I think I need something a little more than walking. I don't want nor do I think I should do some high impact aerobics. So while on netflix I saw they had this:

Ugh about 10 minutes into it I was bored to tears. I decided I don't like yoga, it's to calm, too much stretching. (Not to mention it looks like early 90's, and they were all wearing belly shirts) It annoyed me. So I'm on the search for something else! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

5 comments:

  1. I have this on my netflix through our WII! and I did it once and made it to the end but almost fell asleep. Riding my bike and walking are keeping me awake so far :)
    That's funny that THIS is the video you did...she's very "earthy". And the bellies were funny.

    I do regular pilates too. It's so low impact and helps with the flexibility! Hope you find something that works :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try a Leslie Sansone workout--something light, like a one or two mile walk. They are not too difficult, and I think they are just the right amount of cardio for a preggo! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, i like yoga so I'm no help there. But the suggestion for pilates might be more your speed. It's still low impact but definitely a different pace than yoga.

    Since it's still early you can probably do Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred if you choose one of the lower intensities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha! Hope you didn't buy this! Just saw this post. We have this at the center! :)

    If you want to try the Leslie Sansone Nicky mentioned I have several. It is basically walking in place but kinda fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At first I was the same. I tried a yoga video and I was SO bored and it seemed to make me tired. But now I've been doing it a dew times a week for a few weeks and it's getting better and I don't mind it anymore now that I know the poses and stuff.

    ReplyDelete