Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day Cupcake

I am typically in charge of making dessert for special occasions. I love baking and I love trying new recipes. I was on the hunt for something low calorie and relatively healthy for a dessert because my mother in law in on a diet. I found these:
They are Angel Lush Cupcakes...So delicious! And of course they are easy to make, because that's my style.

1 pkg. (16 oz.) angel food cake mix
1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
2 cans (8 oz. each) DOLE Crushed Pineapple in Juice, undrained
1 cup thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
2 cups assorted fresh berries (blueberries, raspberries and sliced strawberries)

Note: I only used strawberries, and they tasted fabulous

HEAT oven to 375ºF.

PREPARE cake batter as directed on package; pour into 30 paper-lined muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full. Bake 12 to 15 min. or until tops are golden brown and cracks feel dry. (Note: If baking in batches, refrigerate remaining batter in bowl until ready to pour into lined muffin cups and bake.) Cool cupcakes in pans 10 min.; remove to wire racks. Cool completely.

MIX dry pudding mix and pineapple in medium bowl. Gently stir in COOL WHIP; spread onto cupcakes.

TOP with berries.

Only 90 Calories! Thanks Kraft Foods.

If you haven't been to Kraft's website before you just have to check it out. They have the best recipes, and they are so easy to make. My husband never really cooked before, but I set him up with the ingredients and one of these recipes and he can produce a wonderful dinner.

They will give you a dinner list for a week including a shopping list. That for me has been the best way to stay on budget, and to try new things.





4 comments:

  1. Another great menu/grocery list site is www.eatathomecooks.com! I have been using that for the last few months and the recipes are yummy! It includes 6 dinners, usually one of them is a crock pot meal or one you can double for the freezer. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. these look amazing!!!
    thank you so much for your encouragement today:O)

    ReplyDelete