Tuesday, August 18, 2009

ReL8 connections

I work for ReL8, I know I've mentioned this before. Recently I have been trying to get our name and program out into the community. Today I had two speaking presentations and they were a lot of fun. I met with the Kiwanis club at noon, ate lunch and then talked to them about what I'm doing in their community. I was a little nervous, it was a room full of forty strangers. As much as I try not to get nervous and pray about it I still get a knot in my gut. As soon as I start talking that feeling goes away, but I started to trip over a few of my words and that throws me off a bit. The director of my cpc said she didn't even notice, you are your worst critic I suppose.
After that I got a chance to speak at a local radio station. The interview was very short and to the point, but so much fun. He is also going to write up a story in the local paper once schools start again.
Hopefully with more time I'll get better and ReL8's message will be all over the state!

No comments:

Post a Comment