Thursday, May 28, 2009

New Car!

Yes!!! Kolby and I have driven around beaten up, hardly working cars for years now. My car is the one that we got rid of. I bought this car about 5 years ago, it only cost about $1,000. It had been wrecked, no air bags with the console hot glued together, a cracked front bumper, lost a hub cap recently, broken down a number of times....It was pretty embarrassing to drive around but it got me where I needed to be (90% of the time).
Also, Kolby and I are all about having no payments and paying cash for the things we need (thanks Dave Ramsey). So it took us a while to save up money for a car, but we finally did it! I get to drive it most of the time :)...poor Kolbs, but YAY me. It has been wonderful to drive around, but I'm so nervous! Like I said, we have only ever driven cars that are just plain crappy. I kick my door shut, drive without a care etc. Now I drive like a slow poke and I think I'll cry when it gets scratched the first time. I'm sure I'll get over that, I'm just so glad to have a reliable car...and it is my dream car! Here it is, but we removed those tires and replaced them with something that was more our style (regular ones).

3 comments:

  1. I like it! I think the rims are pretty cool, and Jason said he'd take'em! LOL But it's your car, and you're allowed to change them if you want...I guess...;o) haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome :)
    Owen and I love Dave Ramsey too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOOOOOOOOOOVE your new car! i can't wait to ride in it again!!!!!

    ReplyDelete