Wednesday, September 28, 2011

She's Here!!

And she is fabulous! Friday was one of the best days of my life. We went to the hospital at 6:30 am to be induced. I was dressed in my gown and hooked up to pitocin by 7:45. The doctor came in around 10 and broke my water and then we waited.
I started feeling contractions and thought hmm these aren't bad I could totally do this. Then by 2pm I was in pain and called a nurse in to check me. I thought surely I had progressed pretty far. NOPE I was at a 2. That's when I instantly knew I was getting an epidural. I was just praying that a 4 came soon so I could get one. By 4pm I was at a 4! And super pumped to get the meds. However they just changed my IV bag and I had to wait that out. Maggie warned me about this....but there was nothing I could do. So at 5:30 it was time for the epidural and it couldn't come soon enough I was in a lot of pain. I seriously have no idea how people do it without medication. So from about 2-5:30 was a little rough, but I made it.
Someone came in around 6 to check me and I was still at a 4, I was getting pretty discouraged. Kolby and I didn't bother sharing that lack of progress with anyone. Around 8:30 someone came back to check me and I was a 5. Again I was getting bummed, but trying to stay positive. At 9:30 a nurse came in because Evelyn's heart rate was going crazy. She wasn't going to check me since I had just been checked an hour earlier but did it just to see what was going on. I was a 9!!! Heck yes, best news I had heard all day. I was feeling a lot of pressure then. The doctor rolled in around 10:45 and I was pushing by 11. She was here by 11:38 pm.
I love my doctor, I loved my nurses. That hospital is seriously the best.
I also love my husband, he is so amazing. He was super supportive and so super sweet. I could not have done that without him.


And here is our little girl. She was 7lbs 6oz and 20 1/2 inches long and super cute!

2 comments: